Schenectady County Connects is the workforce entity that encompasses Schenectady County Job Training Agency (SJTA) and the New York State Department of Labor One-Stop Career Center/American Job Center which provide universal access to the community to promote self-sustainability and economic growth through a skilled, quality workforce.
Whether you are a job seeker looking to enter the world of work, an employee in search of training or retention resources, or a business representative in need of quality candidates and networking opportunities – Schenectady Connects is here to help.
Imagine a stronger, more sustainable workforce in Schenectady County.
Through strategic partnering and economic development initiatives, we are addressing key challenges in our region.
- Job Seeker Services
- Career counseling
- Resume development and review
- Current job postings
- Job application assistance
- Interview preparation
- Metrix Learning: Over 5,000 courses to improve your skills
- Virtual workshops to improve employability skills
- Financial aid for training
- Supportive services and referrals
- Education and training
- Professional attire/uniforms
- Success coaching
- Youth Services
- Summer Youth Employment Program (detailed information available below)
- Year-round workforce development support
- Business Services
- Recruitment services for FT/PT/Seasonal position
- Monthly job fairs at the Schenectady Public Library
- Customized hiring events
- Job Postings on all of our social media platforms
- Job Postings on New York's Job Exchange
- Employee Retention Services
- Access to the Capital Region Employer Resource Network
- Interim Transportation Solutions
- Childcare Subsidy Program
- Employee Aptitude Testing through Metrix Prove-It (an online screening tool for evaluating a candidate's skills)
- Professional Development and Training
- On-the-Job Training Program
- Employers can receive up to $10,000 in wage reimbursements
- Customized training schedules for new hires
- Registered Apprenticeships
- Labor Market Information
- Workplace Safety Information
- Human Resources Consultations
- Regional Partnerships with Capital Region Workforce Development Board and NYS DOL
- Virtual Workshop Series Links: June 2023
Resume Development* on Thursday, June 1 at 10:30am
Civil Service* on Wednesday, June 7 at 11:00am
Broadview Financial Well-Being* on Monday, June 12 at 2:00pm
Interview Preparation* on Tuesday, June 13 at 10:30am
Experience Matters* on Thursday, June 15 at 1:30pm
Completing Job Applications* on Tuesday, June 20 at 10:30am
Social Media for the Jobseeker* on Thursday, June 22 at 1:30pm
Interview Preparation* on Tuesday, June 27 at 1:30pm
Intro to Schenectady County Connects* (every Monday) at 9:00am
Intro to Schenectady County Connects* (every Wednesday) at 1:30pm
Financial Aid Training* (every Wednesday, in-person at 816 Union Street, Schenectady) at 1:30pm [APPOINTMENT ONLY]
*Registration is required. Register by clicking on the workshop link.
Note: All workshops are presented live via Zoom
- Schenectady County Summer Youth Employment Program
The Schenectady County Summer Youth Employment Program is a unique opportunity to gain six-weeks of meaningful, on-the-job training during the summer; youth selected for program will be permitted to work for 20 hours per week earning $14.20 per hour through Schenectady Job Training Agency (SJTA).
You must be a Schenectady County resident. You must be between the ages 14-24 by the application deadline (April 21, 2023).
* Please note: the majority of funding is allocated to youth whose family is receiving TANF (public assistance), SNAP (food stamps), or whose total household income does not exceed 200% of the poverty line.
- Schenectady County Connects Quarterly Newsletters