Applications are reviewed and judged using the following criteria:
- Existing community support for the organization including membership, subscribers, program participation and volunteers and financial support for proposed program.
- Additional private or other funds to be generated in support of the proposed program.
- Collaboration with other Schenectady County nonprofit organizations.
- Estimated community participation in or attendance at the proposed program.
- The extent to which the proposed program is likely to enhance the visibility and/or attractiveness of Schenectady County and increase visitors from outside of Schenectady County.
- Proposed activity represents a project involving historic preservation, or the performing/visual/literary arts.
- The effective use of the County Initiative Program award for the proposed program with respect to quality, soundness of program administration, adequacy and appropriateness of cost involved and need for the funds to ensure program success
- Projects that received funding in past years will also be judged on growth (new challenges, changes in programming, greater organizational professionalism, funding growth, or audience reach.)
- Projects that have not received funding in past years will be judged on sustainability and the potential to grow larger and attract more participants in future years.
- Additional consideration will be given to projects that are proposed as part of existing or proposed 2022 Schenectady County Special Events. Please call Jason Lecuyer, Director of Special Events, to discuss your proposal prior to submitting your application.
Proposals for general support of fundraising events will not considered. Awards may be given in support of events that do have a fundraising component, but award must be used in support of an aspect of the event that includes historic preservation, tourism, or the performing/visual/literary arts.